Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SHORT FILM: Captain Blasto

I love originality. Its difficult to find that in superhero tales nowadays. Everyone seems to have their own version of The Punisher, Superman, Spider-man, even Batman.

I can't tell you how I ran into Captian Blasto. It must have been through YouTube somehow . . . Anyway, I heard the title and thought it corny, but its a free stream on YouTube so it wouldn't hurt my wallet (I can't say the same for Comcast members. Soon ya'll be paying per internet usage!)

Captain Blasto is a wholly original series told in episodes posted up every now and then. (Its easier to keep track by subcribing to the podcast through iTunes.) Its stylistic storytelling and "loser" storyline is easy to follow. After getting past the "how dumb" stage, you start seeing a direction in which the story is going.

I strongly recommend this refreshing superhero tale to anyone into comics!

No comments: